A real winter warmer, a bowl of this soup can really provide a sense of harbor, relaxing and soothing the soul. Directions below use 500ml of stock if you prefer your soup less thick please add more stock.
- 400g Butternut Squash
- 400g Sweet Potato
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Sprigs Thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Pinch fresh Nutmeg
- Maldon Salt & Freshly Ground White Peper
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways and remove with a spoon all the seeds and cut into large chunks. There is no need to remove the Squash skin. Cut the unpeeled sweet potato into large chunks and the onion.
- Place the Squash, Sweet Potato Onion, unpeeled garlic cloves and thyme in a roasting tray toss everything about in the tray in the oil. Roast for 40 minutes until the edges are caramelised. Let cool slightly.
- Pick the garlic cloves out and squeeze the garlic out of it shell into a food blender/processor add the vegetables depending on the size of blender this may need to be done in batches. Blend with the stock until desired consistency. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 as main meal or up to 8 as a starter.